So I started my Druid with Skinning+Mining and quickly realized that I would probably never use Engineering as I’m not that into PvP and the biggest perk of Engineering is those AoE Stun grenades (which admittedly are awesome at lvl20).
It makes more sense to me to have two gathering profs while you level so it not only allows you to gather two types of mats while you level (so no need to re-farm those lowbie mats at 20), but it puts you in a position to power-level two crafting profs when you’re ready to dump skinning. Of course you can do it any way you want, but saving a long gathering trip sounds like a plan to me.
These routes seem fairly economical. I’m picking Herbalism as my consistent gathering prof as I’m going to keep Alchemy when I settle down at 20. See this post for a breakdown of the items listed below.
- Herbalism+Skinning, until you have enough mats to make your armor kits.
- Herbalism+Leatherworking, until you have all your armor kits stocked up.
- Herbalism+Enchanting, until you have all your enchants stocked up.
PHASE 2 – Here I’m probably just going to settle into Herbalism+Alchemy for pots, but its pretty optional what you do from here.
- Inscription+Herbalism, to make scrolls
- Alchemy+Herbalism, to make your pots
- Blacksmithing+Mining, to make stones
- Jewelcrafting+Mining, to make statues
- Engineering+Mining, to make bombs & what-not