There isn’t really a whole lot to talk about with Feral talents and the considerations are pretty much the same for both PvE and PvP.
By going Feral, you automatically get the following skills:
- Mangle – Instant attack that gives you a huge increase in damage. You notice this immediately.
- Aggression – Increases AP by 25%.
- Vengeance – Increases AP by 5% of damage taken in Bear Form.
- Feral Instinct – Decreases chance of detection while stealthed.
You then have 6 points you can put into these skills. At first pass the choices don’t seem that significant, but it really is a bit tricky:
- Tier 1
- Feral Swiftness – There’s three parts to this: 1) The speed boost is pretty awesome as it really helps in WG when you’re indoors…both in running someone down and getting out of the flag room. 2) Dodge. at 2/2 it gives you 4% Dodge while in Cat/Bear form. Keeping in mind that it only works against melee opponents that you’re facing, it does help a decent amount against Rogues, Pallys, Warriors, and Hunter pets. Against casters and those Hunters who know how to keep you out of melee range, it doesn’t mean anything. 3) Dash and Stampeding Roar aren’t available to us so forget this part.
- Furor – Without this, when you change forms you have no energy (Cat) or rage (Bear). With this, you can use your skills immediately, which is a huge plus (imo). If you really want to go all-out against a healing class you’re going to want to use your own HoTs and DoTs and that means changing forms. When you pop into Cat you’re going to want energy.
- Predatory Strikes – There’s two parts to this: 1) We don’t have access to Ravage so the first part is useless to us. 2) The second part gives you a chance at an instant Nature spell. This is actually really useful. If you get 5/5 combo points you’re guaranteed an instant Wrath. If you time it right that Wrath might be enough to finish off your opponent after a Ferocious Bite.
- Tier 2– You only have one point that can be placed here.
- Infected Wounds – It provides you with a Snare and it reduces your incoming damage from melee. It also gives your opponent an attack speed debuff which slows down incoming damage.
- Fury Swipes – This gives you a small chance for some significant burst damage. Considering it only gives you a 5% chance though, I personally don’t think its worth it.
- Primal Fury – It basically gives you a chance at a free combo point when you crit….not really worth it in my opinion.
- Feral Aggression – This gives you a flat 5% increase to your Ferocious Bite damage. We don’t have access to Faeire Fire so this part doesn’t apply. Overall, its still a good talent as it’s a predictable increase in damage.