So I’ve been playing for about 6 months and I’m only about 1/3 of the way to my second BoA. It looks like I’m going to dump my DMF tickets on a weapon instead of a mount as I’m just not that into PvP these days so it’ll be ages before I get a weapon through PvP. I’ve also decided to look at my monthly grind schedule to try to optimize my time. I’m still hoping to find the Elixir of Minor Agility recipe, the schematic for the Mechanical Squirrel, and the leatherworking pattern for the White Leather Jerkin (for transmorg). Here’s what my plan looks like, keeping in mind that when an AB or WSG weekend is in town, BGs are a priority also.
- Azureload Mine* in Hillsbrad Foothills for Grisly Trophys, Black Tabby Cat, the recipe, and the schematic.
- DMF dailies on the island.
When the DMF is NOT in town:
- Wailing Caverns and Shadowfang Keep for Mysterious Grimoire, Monstrous Egg and the recipe, schematic, and pattern.
- Ragefire Chasm for Imbued Crystal and the recipe, schematic, and pattern.
- Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep for Ornate Weapon and the recipe, schematic, and pattern.
- BG’s for the Adventurer’s Journal, Captured Insignia, and Banner of the Fallen (as well as Honor of course).
- After the above are done, I’m hoping to stick with Azureload Mine until I get the cat…mixed in with some BGs.
*I’ve found Azureload Mine to be a great spot for casual farming. There’s no demand to sit down for 30-45 minutes to do a dungeon run. You can leave the computer whenever you want as nothing in there is hostile to Horde (the miners are all immobilized in webs until you attack them and the spiders are friendly). And the mine is fairly well packed with mobs so you can continuously run through it. I tried it for the first time last night for an hour. I got the +1 strength to wrist enchanting recipe. I don’t need that, but it let me know my plan can work as it has a 0.02% drop rate…same as the other stuff I’m hoping to find. I’ll stick with Azureload until I get the cat and then look for somewhere else.