- Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry.
- Expertise will be listed as a percentage, just like hit, instead of having an intermediary stat.
- We are normalizing hit with expertise, so that 1% of each stat will require the same amount of rating.
We have two sources of Expertise (plus racials listed below)
- Foreman’s Gloves: 5 Expertise Rating (-2.3% Dodge/Parry)
- “Of the Fang” 3-piece armor bonus: 4 Expertise Rating (-1.8% Dodge/Parry)
Keep in mind:
- 5 Expertise reduces Dodges/Parries by 2.3%. It reduces your Dodges by 2.3% AND your parries by 2.3%, so really you’re hitting 4.6% more often (against classes that can Dodge AND Parry that is).
- One of a Druid’s damage limiters is Energy. When I run out of energy I have to get creative until I regenerate enough for another attack. If someone Dodges me, I get that Energy refunded [edit: but only an 80% refund]…so once you consider that I have to regenerate to keep doing damage, I don’t really loose much damage output when someone dodges me…as that time is spent regenerating energy anyway (unless the opponent dodged your very first attack, in which case you’d already be at 100% energy). In all, it pushes an attack back 1.5 seconds…which is significant, but in the big scheme of things, not that significant (imo, unless you’re going after very high-level mobs). I can think of plenty of instances where I almost downed someone, but had a heal hit him at the last second. If he had previously dodged one of my attacks, it could have changed the outcome of the fight…but that’s only if he had dodged one of my hits.
- The opponent has to be facing you to Dodge or Parry so Expertise doesn’t make a difference when you’re behind them (that applies to player characters only…NPC mobs can still Dodge attacks from the rear).
- Casters can’t Dodge or Parry while they’re casting.
Here’s a few races that get a nice tasty racial bonus (+3 expertise = 1.4%):
- Humans get +3 Expertise with One or Two-Handed Swords and Two-Handed Maces.
- Orcs get +3 Expertise with One and Two-Handed Axes, and Fist Weapons.
- Dwarves get +3 Expertise with One and Two-Handed Maces.
- Gnomes get +3 Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords.