Midsummer Fire Festival is coming. I’m only going to be able to do a couple days of it so I thought I’d look at the everything now to see if I can prep for anything. I have most of the flight points so that part is out of the way (and a huge part too).
As far as holiday buffs go we get:
- A crit buff (requires a Burning Blossom).
- A +30 Stamina buff for each of the four enemy capital flames.
- + XP% buffs (which is good if you feel like rolling an alt).
- 30% chance to inflict 200 Fire damage buff (requires Burning Blossom)
It looks like these are the achievements we can get:
- 3 Flame Keeper / Flame Warden of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Outlands (30 pts)
- Burning Hot Pole Dance (10 pts)
- King of the Fire Festival (10 pts)
- 4 Extinguish – all except Northrend (35 pts total)
I really want the pet (can’t remember if I have this on my retired main or not). Because I’m not going to be able to do the dailies every day, it doesn’t look like I can buy the pet AND buy all the clothes for Burning Hot Pole Dance. The gear for the achievement costs 400 Burning Blossoms, where the pet costs 350. I am looking forward to buying the Sandals of Summer though if I can get enough Blossoms. Of all the holiday gear throughout the year, this one is my favorite.
- Kalimdor: 240 blossoms (15 alliance flames, 15 horde flames, 1 neutral flame )
- Eastern Kingdoms: 260 blossoms (15 horde flames, 17 alliance flames, 1 neutral flame)
- Outland: 105 blossoms (7 alliance flames, 7 horde flames)
- Capital Cities: 100 blossoms (4 horde, 4 alliance)
- Quests: 22 (plus another 15 per day in dailies – Striking Back, More Torch Catching, and More Torch Tossing)
Of all the fires, the one in Iron Forge is probably the biggest time-consumer to solo. I suppose to get ready, the best advice would be to corpse hop in before the holiday starts.
It also looks like I need to dust off this macro for enemy flames.